About Me

My Photo
United Kingdom
Welcome to my blog... I live in a pretty English seaside town with my husband and our five young boys. I am a stay at home mum which I love and appreciate everyday (apart from those days they drive me loopy of course) ;-) I have a passion for all things pretty. In particular anything Cath Kidston, 30's, 40's or 50's vintage inspired homewares, shabby chic and anything bright, colourful and cheery really :-) I love to knit, crochet and sew as much as I possibly can.... I also LOVE books! what else...erm. Well I like my tea, can't cope without a good cuppa! That's probably about it or if I start I may go on forever............ so thats me. In a nutshell :)

Friday, 23 December 2011

Another giveaway win for lil' old Weasel

Hello my lovelies, how are you enjoying the run up to Christmas?
Gosh, I do feel lucky you know... two giveaway wins this month!! Christmas has come early for me I tell you!
This time I won some fabulous goodies from Staci at Snippets and Stash....

..... I was, needless to say, over the moon when I opened the parcel the postman handed me this morning to reveal these prettily wrapped gifts...


...I am a sucker for polka dots!!!


....what an array of festive treats Staci had sent (and all the way from the USA too!!)... I can't wait to use the cute plates this Christmas and tuck in to those yummy sweets with the boys.... :D
...and some sewing bits and bobs too..... perfect!


I have to say though that my favourites were the beautifully hand knitted dish cloth in cream and red wrapped up in pretty ribbon... and this ultra cute knitted mini-jumper with it's very own mini-hanger!!
Staci is one talented lady don't you think?


I know I should probably hang it on my tree but it just looks so good in my little craft corner hanging on my CK box it will have to stay out all year long I think!

I can't thank you enough Staci for all the lovely things you have sent to me, I feel very lucky to have won the giveaway on your gorgeous blog!
xx

{I have also just seen that I have won a blog award from the lovely Julie over at a tale from toadstool house which I will blog about very soon... thank you Julie!}

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful time of year.. possibly mixed in with a truck load of last minute festive panic too I am guessing?.... yup, me also.... I think I may have to give in to the chaos this year and try and ease the pressure with a tipple or two he he ;-)

I just quickly want to share these with you before I nip off.... 


...Christmas tree decorations for some dear friends of mine...(I never actually got round to making any for our tree this year, lol)


Happy holidays to you all....looking forward to seeing you in the new year my blogging lovelies!

xxx


~ EDIT ~

Due to many requests, here is the pattern for the Crochet Star tree decorations....

Click here  for link to Ravelry!!

I hope you enjoy making them as much as I have
 xxx



20 comments:

  1. Adore those crocheted decs. Enjoy your tipple or two and have a fabulous Xmas. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Louise! I'm glad you are enjoying your Christmas goodies.

    I love your ornaments! Do you have a pattern you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute mini jumper!
    Love your tree decs , lucky friends.....can't count the number of times I make things but always end up with no time to make myself one too!

    Hope you have a fabulous Christmas with all your lovely boys....I have bought my three matching shirts for Christmas day and took a double take when I was shopping a couple of days ago and saw a shirt in near enough the same fabric for hubby....I did contemplate it, but knew he wouldn't amuse me.

    Merry Christmas me dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely presents, lucky you. That mini jumper is so cute.
    I love your crochet star decorations. I've made a list of things I've made for other people, to make for myself for next year! How sad!!
    Hope you have a fantastic Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I made about 15 ornaments I think. Didn't take pictures and gave them all away. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. polka dot heaven- love the knitted jumper also ;0)...merry christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely gift...polka dot,jumper and the knitted dishcloth,all those things looks fantastic.love your crochet star decorationen!!!
    i wish you and yours a merry christmas and a happy new year!
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift! How lucky you were.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a lovely Christmas and a great new year x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A well deserved gift!!.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Polka dots are the BESTEST!!! :-)
    What a great win - congratulations!!!
    Hope you and your family are having a lovely Christmas!
    Carly
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great stars.
    love to make them and use in place of bows.
    Do you have the pattern?
    Thanks
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. The crochet stars are adorable... Do you have a pattern to share?

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful star ornament! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stars!!! Would u consider sharing pattern.....if not....I would buy it.....TIA.....kmclean13@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she ever share the pattern?

      Delete
  16. I agree share the star pattern please I make ornaments for my family members every year this is just wonderful. Please mskim15750@Yahoo.com please

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi everone! Thank you for your interest...I have made an edit at the bottom of the post and added a link to the pattern... Enjoy!!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you! These will be perfect for an ornament exchange party I attend each year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just made some of these stars and cannot get my puff stitches in the first round to look anywhere near as nice as yours, must be doing something wrong somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment... I love to hear from you!! x